Friday, March 1, 2013

Opening Post

First of all, although english is not my primary language (I'm brazilian and speak portuguese), I'll be writing this blog and its blogposts in english, because the developers and most gamers/readers of D&D Next are american or anglophones (even if no one ever read any of my posts).
For this, I already apologize for any grammatical and orthographic errors.
Now, without further delay...

This blog was created to analyse and comment on the playtest next edition of D&D (AD&D? :P), as of march 1st of 2.013. What attracted me in this next edition is the "old school feeling" it have, with the promises of streamlined and balanced rules from the developers.
My primary focus will be in the mechanical aspects of the game, though I may lack in math. I will also analyse the playing potential of the rules (how they interact with the game, both mechanics and roleplay aspects), based on playtest sessions with my own players.
In my posts there will be an analysis of the rules (it is the blog name, after all), possible alternatives, and reviews of the play sessions. Also, some random comments on topics of my interest, as Planes of Existence and optional rules.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment